Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ruff's last days

I was in the hospital for 5 days and had a pacemaker put in. While I was there the lady who was taking care of Bess and Ruff told me he seemed to be missing me and was getting depressed. He even stopped eating.

I was so happy to get home and see him again and give him hugs and kisses. Ruff seemed overjoyed that I was back. I think there was something else more seriously wrong with him. And I think he was holding himself together waiting for me.
I came home on Tuesday and he seemed to be better and he even ate his dinner. I took him to the Vet yesterday and the Vet did some tests but didn't say anything conclusive and sent him home.
I am not too quick to make connections but two people have already pointed out that Ruff knew I would return and he waited for me to get back home before he died. I don't know how much of his condition his favorite lady Vet, Dr. Black may have guessed but I am glad she did not ask me to leave him there overnight. I think I would have if she did and he would have died alone in a cage. I had the opportunity to stay by his side in his home until he passed away.
Everything also seemed to work in that regard. At 12:30 AM this morning I made an attempt to take him to the 24-hour Emergency Clinic in Wilder. I had two friends come over but they couldn't lift him into the van. If I had gotten him to the Emergency Clinic they would have asked me to leave him and he would have died alone in a strange place.
So I laid him on the living room floor on a blanket and laid down next to him and stayed with him until he fell asleep and passed away at 5:45AM this morning.
 *************

No comments:

Post a Comment