Thursday, December 6, 2018

Play time indoors

I'm sitting at the computer this morning and Bess and Griff are having a running dog-fight going from the hallway into my den tugging a yellow squeaky ball. This isn't anything new but this time my camera was right next to me.

The first time they came in Bess runs under my computer desk with the ball in her mouth and Griffin is right behind her. Bess turns around and tries to get me to take the ball and throw it for her to catch. The look on her face was asking, "Hey Dad, wanna play with us?" But Griffin has other ideas. He sticks his head under the armrest of my chair and tries to take the ball.
After this the action moved out into the hallway and I ignored them for several minutes. They both were making ferocious growling sounds while each of them holds a part of the ball. If you didn't know how Rottweilers played you'd think they were fighting. 5-minutes later they are back in the den. This time they are tugging the ball on the other side of my chair.
Once again I am in the middle of the action but this time I think they are just putting on a show for me. Then everything moves out in the hall again.
 
It is now 35-minutes after the game began and once again they are back in the den. This time it almost seemed to end just as it started. Griffin has his head shoved under the armrest of my chair while holding a piece of the yellow ball. 
 
Then all of a sudden Bessie has sole possession of the ball and she comes up from under the desk and hands it to me to throw for her.
This game must be very tiring because after I did a few throws and Bess caught the ball they both went inside and took naps on the couch.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment