Monday, December 23, 2019

Griffin gets a nail trim at the Vet

Griffin had a big day.

I got a reminder from Noah's Ark Animal Clinic that Griffin needed a Rabies vaccination before the end of the month and since he also needed a nail trim with anesthesia I took him in early this morning at 10:00am before breakfast. They put him on the scale and he weighed 125.9 lbs. 


Well, almost half an hour after the first sedative shot the big stinker fought off the sedative so they gave him a second injection and he still wouldn't go to sleep. So my favorite lady Vet Dr. Black ordered a third shot which finally did the trick and he got his nails trimmed and dremmeled.
This is the second time I have seen one of my Rottweilers fight off the affects of anesthesia. My girl Sassy was like that years ago. Just like Griffin, I got the impression she was determined to stay alert and be able to protect us.

After his exam and vaccinations they gave Griff another shot to wake him up but by this time Griffin was having a lovely snooze and took his sweet time to stand up. With the help of Dr. Black and two of the tech assistants they walked him out to the car expecting to have to lift him into the back. Griff surprised everyone and jumped in all by himself. So three hours after we arrived we headed home. 

And then I had a new problem once we got into our driveway. Griff was still wobbly and didn't want to get out of the van. So I brought Bessie out and hooked their leashes together and we sat there for a half hour waiting. By that time I had to drag Griffin out of the van and after a few minutes peeing on the lawn we went inside. And 4 hours after getting home, Griffin is still sound asleep at 8 o'clock. I think he will have a hangover in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment