Thursday, March 5, 2020

My beautiful girl Bessie has crossed the bridge

It is with great sadness that I write that my baby girl Bess has crossed the bridge. Two months ago Bess was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, bone cancer, in her front leg. This form of cancer spreads rapidly and even a prognosis involving amputation doesn't extend life expectancy more than a few months. While we were dealing with her situation with daily doses of pain meds Bessie had a massive stroke and was unable to stand and walk on her own. Here eyesight was also affected.

I decided she was tormented enough and had her put to sleep.

The crowd of faces waiting for me to join them has gotten bigger.
Yesterday I started looking for another Rottweiler to adopt to be Griffin's new playmate. In the last few days Griffin has begun to show signs of mourning and has had a very sad look on his face.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment