Saturday, October 6, 2012

After lunch we went for a walk in the backyard.


We had a pretty dry Summer this year and by late August our rainfall was 7-inches below normal. During the hotter days I was even watering our trees with a garden hose. September everything changed and we more than made up the lack of water with several rainstorms. Thankfully it came just in time to allow the foliage to change into Fall colors. We took a walk in the back yard this afternoon and some of the trees were already turning colors.
And Ruff and Axl did some exploring.
When we came back inside Ruff waited for me at the top of the stairs.
I have to tell you about the game Ruff plays, it's call "Toll Collector". Whenever I go down to the basement he waits for me just as you see him here. If I am carrying something when I come back up he lets me pass, but if I am empty-handed I have to pay a toll to get by. The toll consists of sitting on the steps and giving him lots of kisses. Who can resist that look anyway. 
 -- 0 --
By the way, if you happen to be one of the people who Follow this blog you may have noticed the little Follower Avatars are all missing. I don't know what caused that problem and the Google Help desk hasn't responded to my questions. According to the Help Forum several people have also reported the problem.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment