Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A short history of my best family Christmas cards.


I've owned and lived with Rottweilers since 1995 but the first family Christmas card didn't come about until 2001. It was a very crude and amateur attempt using a grainy picture taken with my first digital camera, a Hewlett-Packard. I actually printed this out and mailed it to my friends until one friend responded "That's your Christmas card?" I went back and hid in my cave for a few years with hurt feelings.
Here is another Christmas scene a year later but not a Christmas card.
December 22, 2002. Mocha and her father Nikko.
Then came my retirement, and a lapse in time and a whole new family of Rottweilers. By now I began to learn how to take better pictures LOL. 
Then I made this one in 2012, the best of our complete family.
But last year it became necessary to no longer include the two humans. It was not a good year for us.
But I didn't give up trying to have us all in the picture. This year, 2014, I tried once again but my original attempts were not very good as you can see. You can look at more examples of the outtakes for 2011 in the archives. http://livingwithrottweilers.blogspot.com/2011/12/making-perfect-rottweiler-christmas.html
Then I tried again with just the Rottweilers and this is the one card I really loved.



1 comment:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and family & a HAPPY 2015!

    ReplyDelete