Thursday, May 12, 2016

Are you ready for some "sick" jokes?


OK, I promise not to do this again. While this is technically a "sick" joke it did happen in conjunction with a visit to our Veterinarian's office so its also dog related. Even still, I couldn't resist the temptation to share this because its true.

I’ve mentioned before that I have been sick from the side effects of the radiation but I forgot to tell you the best joke that goes along with it.

If you spotted my previous blog post you’d read that I took Bessie and grandpa Axl to the Vet for their annual checkup. Well, for starters, Bessie now weighs 100.3 lbs. and the Vet commented to me that it seems she has gotten over her eating disorder. Then he asked me how I was doing with the radiation treatment and I said, I feel sick as a dog. (that is a common euphemism over here). He came back with the reply, Well, you’ve come to the right place.

I think the weather here in Northern Kentucky is having sympathy pains. When you’re sick there is nothing worse than looking out the window at a nice warm sunny day that you can’t go out and enjoy. So it helps a little bit when the weather is cold, rainy and miserable. It also makes it more convincing when I can tell the three Rottweilers why I can’t take them out to play.

Summer begins here on June 21st. I hope everything works out by then.

I finished the radiation treatment last Tuesday. Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes.
Post Script: A friend just sent me an email saying the Vet had a wicked sense of humor for saying "Well, you've come to the right place." after I told him I felt sick as a dog. I never took it that way. I have known this person for many years and that is the way people talk to each other when they try to inject some humor into a situation to cheer them up. I hope no one else misunderstood this conversation. I would not have written about it if I didn't think it was funny.


1 comment:

  1. I thought it was funny as well. I'm glad your treatments are over; I hope you're feeling better soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete