Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Signs of Love


Kisses. If your Rottweiler doesn't love you will he still give you kisses? Not very likely. Kisses are a universal sign of love. But they are given freely from the heart and cannot be bought or bribed or ordered. They are always free. And I can tell you from personal observation that the skin on my face has absorbed so many slobbery kisses in the last 20-years that my DNA is now part Rottweiler. So sit back and enjoy some kissing photos. And eat your heart out if you never got any.
And, please click on the photos for a larger view.
Sometimes, it hurts.
Anywhere, any time.
Any one.
But especially, us.

When I started to take a lot of photos of my Rottweilers back in 1995, at first I began saving them by scanning the prints into my computer. Then when I got my first digital camera saving the photos simply meant uploading them to the computer. But I never cataloged them. The only smart thing I did was creating a storage file using the model number of the camera. Then a few years ago I actually reached the end of the numerical file sequence for the Nikon D40 camera and had to give it some thought what would happened after image DSC_9999.jpg was created. To my dismay the counter simply went back to DSC_0001.jpg so I needed to create a new storage file so as not to overwrite the original photos. This led to Nikon D40, Nikon D40 2014, Nikon D40 2016.

All these years I always wanted to catalog the ever-growing mass of photos that now exceeds 30,000. One of those catalogs would certainly be by subject and the first one that comes to mind are my Kiss photos. In order to find them I literally have to look though all of the photos. In selecting this tiny sample of Kiss photos I came to realize I must have over a thousand of them scattered throughout my hard drive. I hope I picked the right ones to entertain you today.



8 comments:

  1. They are such a wonderful breed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhh Nelson, how awesomely beautiful... Their kisses are like healing wishes and better than hugs... I'm surprised you and Jacqueline didn't grow gills being so wet all the time hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flee, some of the best kissing photos in my collection are those I took of Ruff kissing other people. I don't know the names of some of these people and don't have permission to publish their photos. I think it is incredible how many people, especially women and girls, who just walk up to him and want to give him a hug. And every hug is rewarded with a kiss, whether it is wanted or not.

      Delete
    2. p.s. Flee, most of the kisses I don't bother to wash off but once in awhile I do have to grab a towel.

      Delete
  3. Rottweiler kisses are simply the best! When you are someone that my Zeke utterly and totally loves, he goes for your ears, and completely slathers them with licks and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinny, have you ever gotten a neck massage? Those kisses can also be therapeutic. Coming up from the basement, I often find Ruffin waiting for me, laying at the top of the stairs. If I sit down on a step and turn my back to him he will give my neck a warm, moist massage with his powerful tongue. And its free.

      Delete
  4. I just found ur blog & I'm enjoying reading it very much..Rottie kisses are the best. I lost my large 9 yr old male unexpectedly last Tue so looking at ur pics& seeing the kisses brings back SOOO many fond memories.I still have a 3 yr old female at home that gives lots of kisses usually ,but she has been depressed now that her BFF is gone, so sadly ,kisses are a little less lately

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found ur blog & I'm enjoying reading it very much..Rottie kisses are the best. I lost my large 9 yr old male unexpectedly last Tue so looking at ur pics& seeing the kisses brings back SOOO many fond memories.I still have a 3 yr old female at home that gives lots of kisses usually ,but she has been depressed now that her BFF is gone, so sadly ,kisses are a little less lately

    ReplyDelete