Saturday, November 4, 2017

Seven will have to do, for the time being, anyway

More problems with a lack of information and poor communications have squashed the plan to adopt Alexa from the rescue group in Florida. I don't want to start slinging mud at anyone trying to do a good deed rescuing Rottweilers but all of these groups, not just the one in Florida, need to provide concise and up to date details and not be so touchy when receiving requests for information.

Fall is in full swing here and that means bad road conditions and travel will be very limited so I will not be looking for any more Rottweilers until next Spring.

I received many suggestions from friends on Facebook about how to get an adopted dog transported. The volunteer drivers are the best but are few and far between. I am most appreciative to Sam who lives in North Carolina for volunteering to do some of the driving. But Sam was the only one. One thing I am certain of is I would never consider a commercial transporter, either via ground or air.

Thanks to everyone for their heartfelt comments.

I have been fortunate over the last 22 years to have lived with 7 Rottweilers and for the time being 7 will have to be enough.

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry things didn't work out, but I'm a firm believer in the old adage "everything happens for a reason". All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're on my side, I still have hope things will work out.

      Delete
  2. I have to say, I checked your website several times over the weekend hoping to see pictures of Alexa arriving. I was slightly disappointed when I saw the heading of this post last night. I feel bad for both dogs you looked at, especially Alexa - I read her story on the rescue website and it seemed like she would have been a perfect fit for you.

    That being said, maybe she wouldn't have been a good fit and that's why the adoption didn't work out. I really believe that dogs somehow find their way to where they are supposed to be, and there is a special Rottweiler out there on a crazy journey to get to you. I so look forward to reading the post when he/she arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had great expectations over Alexa. I have never rescued or adopted a Rottweiler from out of state and was relying heavily on promises that someone would arrange transportation.

      Delete