Saturday, October 28, 2017

Eight is Enough, version 2.0

Some things don't always work out the way you planned.  The plans to adopt Rossi fell through with some bad news from the rescue group that had him.

Turns out the people who wrote Rossi's web page bio forgot to mention that he didn't get along with other male dogs. Then, when they sent me an email two days ago telling me this they just happened to comment: "because Ruff is 11 years old how do you you plan to keep them separated until he goes to the bridge." I told them to keep their dog, Ruff is more important to me. 

But I have another rescue in mind so don't be disappointed. Please meet Alexa. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her eyes.
Alexa is a southern girl who comes from Miami, Florida by way of Gulfstream Guardian Angels Rottweiler Rescue. She is 5 years old.

But life is not always easy. This applies to Alexa as well as me. This Rottweiler rescue group in Florida has no organized transporting system. This means it is up to me to find volunteers to pick her up and drive her north to Kentucky. 

One small advantage is location. Right now Alexa is located in Gainesville, Florida and that is right on the Interstate 75 corridor. And up here in northern Kentucky, so am I. Its only a matter of 775 miles or a one way 12 hour drive. 
Because of Ruffin's loss of eyesight I feel he cannot be safely put in a boarding facility so I have to take him wherever I go. That limits me to round trips within a single day.

One of my long time friends of this blog, the man named Sam who I have written about a few years ago, has volunteered to take Alexa part way. Sam retired to a small town in the western part of North Carolina but he loves Rottweilers so much he told me he is willing to travel a bit south to meet up with anyone bringing Alexa north. And we plan on meeting up in Berea, Kentucky, about 30 miles south of Lexington.

So all we need is a few more people to fill in the gap.

All expenses paid. (by me)

 


2 comments:

  1. Alexa is beautiful. I wish you the best of luck on working out your adoption for her and all the travel arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete