Tuesday, July 2, 2019

My baby Bess is 5-years old and we had another birthday party

Bessie's story.
A few people know that after Sassy died Ruffin went into deep mourning after losing the love of his life. I searched everywhere for an adult female Rottweiler to be her replacement. A friend who worked at the Kenton County Animal Shelter sent me a photo of a 7-week old female Rottweiler puppy that someone had surrendered to the shelter for adoption. The woman knew I was looking for an adult Rott but she wanted to know if I would be interested in a baby girl. I came down to the shelter with Ruffin as soon as they opened on Monday, August 24-2014 and after a brief introduction and a few kisses I decided to adopt her. In setting a date for Bessie's birthday, I backtracked the date from the info the shelter provided and figured July 1st was pretty close. These are the pictures I took that day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, the last five years have gone by pretty fast. So many things have happened that I won't try to dwell on the sadness. More recently I wrote about my big boy Ruffin crossing over the bridge and how miraculous it seemed that I found his replacement. Nevertheless, my baby girl Bess has someone new to keep her company and Griffin and Bess have become very fond of each other.

Keeping with the long family tradition we had a birthday party last night for Bessie. I baked a large meatloaf for a birthday cake, covered it with mashed potato icing and we all enjoyed it. Here are the pictures of our party.


That's it for the birthdays until next year. 

 













No comments:

Post a Comment