Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The untold story of the photoshopped kiss.


Many years ago when I had just started this blog I was invited to post my pictures of my Rottweilers on a Canadian bulletin board dedicated to Rottweilers. Many of the people who frequented this board fell in love with our baby Rottweiler, Ruffin, who was only 2 years old at the time. Even as young as he was, Ruff had already gotten used to the camera and almost struck a pose whenever I came in the room with the camera in my hand. He had a distinctive way of staring straight into the camera that caught everyone's attention. When I posted this picture two days ago one of his fans made a comment on about it. She said it was absolutely stunning. I get that a lot.
 
December 25-2008
This reminded me of the story I am telling now. One of the women on the Canadian bulletin board was particularly envious of a photo I posted of Ruff giving his Mom a kiss. This is the photo.
For several days she wrote me saying how much she wished she could have Ruff give her a kiss like that. One day it dawned on me to offer her a solution. I asked her to send me a head shot photo of herself and I would try to work it into this picture. I sent her this picture as an example.
Out of respect for the lady's privacy I cannot show you the actual results, so I obscured her face in the image below, but it did come out very well.
I have been using similar techniques to clear up some of the clutter in the photos I post here. It's basically just a cut and paste. If you are interested, the clutter are called photobombs. Look it up on Google images search.

 

2 comments:

  1. He he, that's really great! Ruff looks like he gives really good kisses:) Such a fun idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruff is one photogenic dog! He has such a great head with those beautiful, expressive Rottie eyes. And I love the cyber kiss!

    ReplyDelete