Friday, February 14, 2014

IT'S BACK. We are getting More Snow.


I must be the only one in the house who is beginning to hate this winter. Certainly the Rottweilers don't hate it, they love going out and I always have dry towels waiting for them when they come back in covered in snow. My wife has a lot of trouble walking now so the only time she goes out is when I help her to the car to go shopping and we've pared that down to once every two or three weeks. We did get to enjoy one day this week when the temperature just barely got above freezing. Now we are looking forward to 4-5 inches of snow tonight and another storm coming Sunday or Monday.

Like I said, the Rottweilers know how to deal with it whether they are inside or out.

Here is Ruff sleeping on the couch while he was supposed to be babysitting his Mom yesterday afternoon.
And here is a picture of Axl laying next to his Mom on the couch. I took this a few hours ago. You should know that I was sitting on the couch next to her a few minutes before I took the picture. Axl started making a lots of complaining sounds so I got up to see what he wanted – like maybe he had to go out – and as soon as I got up off the couch, he climbed up where I was sitting and laid down. He just wanted to be next to his Mom and he made me move. And then he gave me a dirty look when I took his picture.
And it wouldn't be complete without a picture of our beautiful weather. Taken from the comfort of the kitchen window. That's Ruff in the background, going for a walk by himself. This was also a few hours ago. Tomorrow the scenery will look a lot better after the snow stops.
I estimate we have gotten some 30 inches of snow this winter and every time it snows I think of the unfortunate people in the northeast. We have gotten all of our snow in a dozen little storms while they seem to have gotten about the same amount in only two or three big storms. Like the saying goes, "It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings."
Yesterday when the sun came out for awhile I noticed the yard was full of Robins. They must have traveled back here expecting Spring to be around the corner. They looked sort of confused and were all gone today.





No comments:

Post a Comment