Thursday, April 7, 2016

A personal note to my followers


I apologize for the lapse in new posts on this blog. I have some serious medical issues going on right now that will continue until the middle of May. Seems I didn't have enough to worry about with my wife's debilitating Alzheimer's so now I have to deal with prostate cancer. Not the kind you live with, the kind that involves daily radiation treatment. I am now finishing my third week and have five more weeks to go. The only good part is they caught it before it began to spread so the prognosis looks good. If you feel inclined to do so, a few prayers wouldn't hurt.

I realize the best way to stop people from coming back to my blog is to have nothing new to write about or show, so I have decided to post some Best of the Best photos. And I have a lot to go through and choose.

Thank you all for your loyalty.

In no particular order, here are a few of my best Rottweiler images. Click the image for a full size view.

Ruffin has always loved horses. Ever since he actually was brave enough to walk up to one and go nose-to-nose. This was on October 8, 2008 and he was only 2 years old. He even became fascinated watching horse races on television.
September 3, 2009. A year after we adopted old man Axl, who was a spry 7 years old back then. Sassy was recuperating from ACL surgery and spend most of her day keeping to herself.
A lady who often visited us years ago always brought along her long-haired Dachshund, named Tinkerbell, and Ruffin made a new friend. Which always proved that size makes no difference.
One of the photos that I used in my blog masthead that inspired the name Living With Rottweilers. This is my first Rottie, Mocha, sharing a couch with my wife way back in 2006.
I have often mentioned that Axl was a trained service dog who previously lived with a handicapped woman. From the day we brought him into his new home he seemed to become attached to my wife. Soon afterward we learned about her Alzheimer's but I always wondered if Axl sensed that she needed him.
Ruffin and Axl are both lap dogs as you can plainly see.
Axl, Sassy and Ruffin pretending to pose for the camera after my wife got them to sit next to each other.
 
Moochers. It is impossible to enjoy a snack in our house without being made to feel guilty for not sharing it.
My wife Jacqueline did all the training in the early years, which I should have paid attention to because I don't have the talent that she had. This was June 25, 2007. She used to tell the Rotts that she was the Supreme High Commander and they would always listen to her. I gave this photo a title, I called it The Union Meeting.
This one has its own built-in title. Young Ruffin was very much in love with Sassy, even when she didn't want him to be. The innocent expression on his face, completely ignoring the ferocious snarl.
The Valentine's Day Kiss.
Back in the old days when they were all young enough to jump on the beds it sometimes became very crowded. But in truth, the only one who regularly slept on Mom's bed was Axl. And he slept on his own pillow right next to her's.

More to come.








13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that sad news. Of course, you and your darling wife, as well as your beautiful pups are always in my prayers and I will double them just to make sure you know who listens. Good luck, Nelson and God Bless. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nelson,
    I am very sorry to hear you are going through this. I am not a spiritual person but I am wishing you all my best and saying a prayer in my own way, for you and your beloved family. Take care & thinking of you and sending positive vibes from across the world. Hugs to your rotties too. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I hope you are feeling as ok as you can throughout this.

    And your blog is always a pleasure to read. As wonderful as it is to have new posts, it is still very enjoyable to reread the stories you have of your boys and girls. - Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warmest thoughts to you, your wife, and your beautiful Rotties. May you be graced with strength, continued courage, and the great spirit that you show us with every post. Here's to smooth and speedy recovery! Take good care of yourself, as you do for your family. We are rooting for you! Warmest wishes, from the Good family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warmest wishes to you, your wife, and your beautiful Rotties. Nelson, may you be graced with strength, continued courage, and the great spirit & humor that you show us in every post. Here's to your smooth and speedy recovery. Take good care of yourself, as you do your beloved family. We're rooting for you! Smiles, from the Good family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments and thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this, you certainly have a lot on your plate. If it helps you to know both my Dad and my Father-in-law had prostate cancer and both underwent radiation and were cured of the disease. My thoughts and prayers to you for a good outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Nelson
    I can not tell you how much this post has impacted me. I know you are strong and with all of the thoughts, wishes and support I am sure you will conquer. I was showing baby girl the Album last night and I can not wait to have something to show you of your true generosity.
    Love hugs and slobbery kisses to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. God be with you sir. Saying a pray for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete