Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sleep aids

Over the course of recent weeks I have been spending a lot of time on my Facebook page. I am so much in love with Rottweilers that I get a lot of enjoyment looking at how other people live with their own Rottweilers. And, of course, I love sharing my photos and stories with them, too. And especially reading their comments.

I am usually on Facebook late at night and sign off just before going to bed. Because I only follow a few groups devoted to Rottweilers I decided to post a photo of one of my Rotts when then were sleeping each time I said Good Night. The humorous connection being the sleeping Rottweiler was a sign it was time to go to bed.
Well, I realized I would have to start collecting my photos of sleeping Rotts to save time scrolling through the tens of thousands of photos each night. And I was surprise at how many photos of them sleeping I had. It would seem this is their favorite pass time. So take a look at what I collected and be forewarned, just as a yawn is highly contagious so is a sleeping Rottweiler so you may feel yourself getting drowsy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And way back in the good old days when Axl was still able to get up on his mom's bed, my wife Jacqueline would cover him up with his own blanket and he would sleep on his own pillow next to her's.
They are both gone now and we miss them both very much. All that's left now are old man Ruffin and young girl Bess. They both sleep in my room and snore all night long.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! They sure do love their sleep, don't they. I'm not sure if you're familiar with reddit at all, but I subscribed to the /rottweilers subreddit and people post pictures of their Rotties. I love looking at the pictures, Rottweilers are just such majestic creatures and my favorite photos are those of the puppies. It might be something you'd be interested in checking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am somewhat familiar with Reddit and it seems complicated. If it wasn't for Facebook and this blog on Google I think I would try out Instagram.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit, my Rottweiler Zeke rarely sleeps! He will rest, and be completely still, but he usually has one eye open and one eye closed, and just generally still observes what is going on around him. He does, however, still enjoys doing his "resting" on the bed with us and his sister Izzie (an American Bulldog). They are so sweet when they curl up together and she rests her brown and white head on his black side. :)

    Back to the sleeping - we can always tell when Zeke doesn't feel good because that is when he actually does sleep. A few weeks ago he got a really bad ear infection and had to be put on an antibiotic, an antifungal, and eardrops. He laid behind the couch and full on snored his head off as the meds did their work.

    ReplyDelete