Saturday, November 3, 2018

Halloween at our house + Griffin is makling himself right at home

This is how our Halloween went down. It started two day before with a dire weather forecast of two days of heavy rain.

The new weather forecast for Halloween in SW Ohio and Northern Kentucky is worse than the previous one. The 6 o'clock news tonight said we are in for a deluge of 3-5 inches of rain Wednesday and Thursday. I'm going to turn off the outside lights and I won't answer the door if anyone is crazy enough to come around.

Here is our Halloween washout. Up to 5-inches of rain today and tomorrow.
Damn, last minute change in plans. The rain slowed down considerably just before the 6PM start of Trick or Treat so I put out a bag of treats attached to the doorknob and a not DO NOT RING DOORBELL.

It just occurred to me what the lasting affect Halloween has on dogs. Think about it, every person who came to my house briefly stopped at the front door to pick up a few treats from the pot I left outside and then they left. From the dogs point of view they did their best to scare away every trespasser who they thought was trying to invade their home. And all of their barking was successful. Not a single trespasser who came to the front door managed to get in. Halloween does wonders building up their self confidence.

My two guardians are pooped out from all the invaders they repelled tonight. They went to sleep two hours early.
 
OK, I bought twice as much Halloween candy as I needed. Blame it on the weather keeping most of the kids away. But I can't freeze it and save it for next year so it will have to be rationed in small bits every day. I gotta try and keep my weight down.

Bessie, Please play ball with me.
Not him, me. Just me.
If Rottweilers could talk this is the conversation I would be having with my girl Bess. I think she feels left out since Griffin has been getting so much attention.

Griffin has taken over Bessie's spot on my bed and even though there is room for the two of them Bessie has decided to sleep on the couch in the family room. 

In the day time Bessie comes over to me and tries to get me to play with her. She practically shoves one of her squeaky balls into my hand.
 
 
 
 
 Griffin has a new love in his life. This afternoon this brave woman made a return visit with her husband and told me her second reason for being here was to get more hugs and kisses from Griff. Terri Clark Beckman you are a glutton for punishment. BTW the first two pictures were the last two I shot. It took Griff about 15 minutes to calm down. I think he is attracted to people who laugh and Terri never stopped laughing.
I put a muzzle on Griff to try and slow him down but as you can see it had no effect. In the two months since Griffin has been in his forever home I have tried to teach him some manners when company comes but no such luck.

For those who don't know him, Griffin is a young 16-month old puppy that I adopted two months ago. He is full of energy, play and love. Not a mean bone in his body but he is as stubborn as a rock and the most difficult to train Rottweiler I've every had.

Griffin isn't the first of my Rottweilers to get excited when friends come to visit. When Ruffin was younger he was the same way. Here is a blog story from 2012 with some very similar photos.  https://livingwithrottweilers.blogspot.com/2012/05/ruffs-two-best-friends-come-for-visit.html?fbclid=IwAR0rXJIf2DWvrgP6QtlZIZRvRJPluXkWu4sMjiir8HcMVGfBHRQwUehQoO0
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment