Saturday, March 25, 2017

My greatest sorrow.


Today, Saturday, March 25th, I buried my life-long friend and wife of 57 years. Jacqueline was given a solemn Requiem Mass at Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church in Walton, Kentucky and buried in Highland Cemetery in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky.

I am still feeling numb from the events of this past week and I think it is going to take some time to get used to being alone for the first time in my adult life.

I want to thank everyone who sent flowers and prayers and messages of condolence. It enabled me to draw on your strength to help get through this.
You should know that as I promised, the ashes of Jacqueline's devoted service dog Axl were placed inside her casket so they can spend the rest of eternity side by side.
 

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry 😐. Hope you fmd the strength to get through this. I love reading your blog.

    J'boy Jacob (twitter:- @jboyejacob)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some words that would make this difficult time easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are Ruff and Bess doing? Our prayers are with you always! Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bess seems a bit more excited or agitated than usual. Don't know if she's reacting to what's going on or not. Ruff shows no change in personality but he is trying to adjust to loss of vision by feeling his way around the house. They were both in Jacqueline's room when she passed away and Bess jumped on to the bed rails and licked Jacqueline's face afterward. Thanks for the prayers. I have a few more problems to clear up.

      Delete