Friday, October 5, 2018

Having so much fun I lost track of the time

Had two practice runs posing my new crew for next month's annual Christmas card project. This may seem trivial but there is a chemistry going on between Bess and Griffin and also between Griffin and me. Griffin doesn't sit still very long. Anyway, here are the two photos that came from it. I think you can see what I mean from the first photo. I like the second photo better. All it needs are the Santa hats. No matter how you look at it, we are one big happy family. Again.
 
Update of Griffin.
In the past month that my new best friend has been in his forever home we have shared a learning experience. I have learned more about the things Griff likes and doesn't like and Griff has learned a few things that I don't like. Which happens to be the number one reason I changed his. His original name, Bruno, pronounced Brew-NO sounded like NO and that is the one word he needs to respond to more than anything.

One thing that still needs improvement, he doesn't like motorcycles or garbage trucks but I'm working on this. Matter of fact Griffin HATES motorcycles. I found that out one morning when I took him and Bess out front on their long leads to go pee. Luckily I had him on a slack leash because he went after the motorcycle with such fury I had only a second to react.

I have made some progress in other things. Griff no longer stands over me when I am laying in bed. Not that I didn't mind but he usually followed that by trying to lay on top of me. Now he snuggles next to me and he eventually sleeps down at the foot of the bed. 

When I first got him he didn't like peanut butter. Now he does. But now it doesn't matter because he eats his pills mixed in his food. And he's doing very well with prewash on the dishes.
 
 
I stopped by Pet Supplies Plus today and bought Bessie a new toy. She needed something to cheer her up because she has been acting like Griffin had taken her place. This isn't true but I have insisted on Griffin sleeping on my bed at night, more so to keep him out of trouble if he was roaming the house. And Bessie has not spent one entire night sleeping on the bed while he was there.

In the past 23 years we've bought enough of those indestructible KONG toys to qualify me as an expert evaluator. Today I found one of their new toys and it is the best yet. First of all, any toy that can't roll under the furniture is a good toy. Second, quiet toys are better than noisy ones. This toy has everything. It makes a soft thud sound when dropped and it has two handles for tugging. Bessie and Griffin are having so much fun with this pulling each other around on the slippery laminate floors.
 
 
 
 
Griffin is the best thing that has happened to me and Bess in several years. Since he arrived here he and Bess have played for hours every day both indoors and outside to the point of exhaustion where they had to stop to catch their breath. Bess has never before gotten as much exercise and that is probably the best thing for her. Having a playmate like Griff is more fun and entertaining for me, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment