Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Griffin's new adventures

We've had two more days of rain here and at times it was coming down faster than the ground could soak it up. The sidewalk you see in this earlier photo was covered with a 2-inch deep puddle of water. Griffin ran outside in the rain to find a pee spot and stopped in the middle of the puddle with a curious look on his face when he noticed the water he was standing in. And then he went happily on his way splashing through it.
Just watched my first new TV program for the Fall season and Bess and Griff followed me into the TV room. Bess climbed up on the couch and laid down next to me but Griff kept walking around exploring. It was then that I realized I hadn't turned on the TV in the 3 weeks since Griff arrived and he had never been in that room before. He was very curious and went about touching his nose to everything especially the floor speakers. Then he laid down in front of me and watched the TV before falling asleep.

Before I turned off the computer to go watch TV I found my two companions sound asleep in my den.
An old friend quietly joined us in bed during the night.
I found this at 7:50 AM when I got out of bed. I was aware that Griffin had been sleeping toward the bottom of the bed so when Bessie came into the bedroom during the night she found plenty of space on the bed. What amazed me was she got on the bed so quietly it didn't wake me up.
Bessie and Griffin are making progress playing tugs. It only took 3 weeks for the two of them to get the idea how to play with the tugger I bought. Up until now Griff didn't seem to know he had to pull on it when Bessie offered it to him. I don't think he ever played with another dog before. Bessie has been doing her part trying to get him to play. She offers the toy to entice him to take it. I was lucky to capture this one effort because later on Griff didn't seem to know what to do.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment