Friday, September 28, 2018

I think my big puppy Griffin loves me

It seems strange to refer to a 115 lb Rottweiler as a puppy but being only 16-months old that is exactly what Griffin is. In every way his behavior is the same as a puppy. He leaps around Bessie is shear joy as he tries to get her to play with him. And he always wants to climb on to my lap whenever he can.

Griffin is strong and energetic and sneaky. He will cozy up to me and casually place his paw on my knee and the next thing I know he has elevated himself and placed both paws on my lap. If I am sitting on the furniture in the family room this isn't anything to be concerned with but on any other chair in the house, in the kitchen or in my den, I worry he collapse it or knock it over. So I have to be wary of his initial overtures.

Once Griff has gotten both paws on my lap it is fairly easy for him to raise himself up and place his paws over my shoulders. Once he has me pinned he begins to lick my face. And there has been only one other Rottweiler that has ever done this to me before, my BFF Ruffin, who passed away a month ago. All of which gives me an eerie feeling because Griffin was turned over to a rescue group only a day or so after Ruff died.

So this is what happened last night. Yes, these photos were staged. The first time Griff did this I diodn't have the camera set up. So I set it up on the remote and got Griff to climb in my lap again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment