Wednesday, September 5, 2018

We have a new name for our Rottweiler.

We have a new name for our Rottweiler. This is the last time I will mention the name Bruno. I discovered by accident that because he was getting into so many things that I was following him around telling him, Bruno NO. Then I realized the way I was pronouncing his name it came out Brew No which confused him from understanding No.

So from now on his name is Griffin and it will be Griff for short.

And now about the nose prints. On every thing located from the floor up to 4 feet high. I'm not complaining, he is just extremely curious and acts like a kid in a candy store. He wants to touch and sniff everything. He has gone through the house, put his front feet up on places like the kitchen countertop and desk just to see what's up there. I am just concerned he may be a klepto and start taking things.

Also, he is very curious about everything I do. I was cleaning the lamp shade on the night table in the bedroom and he jumped up on the bed and literally hung his head over my shoulder to watch what I was doing. I love his inquisitive nature. We are going to be good friends.

I have begun to notice a few minor problems. First off he doesn't care for (gasp) peanut butter. In 23 years I have never seen this before. I always believed that peanut butter was irresistible. But in a round about way I found his weakness. He adores my home made baked macaroni and cheese. Last night he had a very watery diarrhea and I had to give him some pills to dry it up. He didn't seem to know how take a spoonful of peanut butter in his mouth so I put the pills in some of the baked macaroni and he gobbled it up from a bowl.

Problem solved. Someone suggested he was a cheese lover so I gave him a slice of Swiss Cheese. Griffin loved it. 

This morning we had our first attempted play session. And Griffin has a very loud bark. He wanted to get Bessie to play with him so bad that he started leaping and barking at her. Bessie, for all her wild hand-to-hand combat sessions with Ruff when she was a puppy, stood her ground and starred at Griff as if to say "what's wrong with you."
And since I have not been able to show any of my video here on mt blog I am happy to announce I have added a link in the upper right corner to my Facebook page. Hopefully you will be able to see the videos I posted including the new one this morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment