Sunday, September 23, 2018

Never underestimate the power of bacon

I don't often use the slang "OMG" but a few minutes ago I did.
 
I just observed THE POWER OF BACON.

Since Griffin arrived here 19 days ago he has been introduced to a whole different kind of life that he had before. New sights, new sounds, new smells and new tastes. Today was another first. The smell of Bacon.

I decided to cook a couple of slices of bacon in the microwave to make a sandwich for lunch. Griff and Bess always follow me to the kitchen and enjoy some dog treats while I eat lunch. But when the bacon was finished cooking Griffin started acting really crazy. Jumping up on me and jumping up on the countertop and trying frantically to grab the paper towels that I wrapped the bacon in from my hands. This was a first for me, too. I have never seen any of my Rottweilers act this way over the smell of bacon. And, yes, I gave him a piece of my grilled Swiss Cheese and Bacon sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment